I haven't gotten around to writing my new year's resolution in the past. I just go with the flow. There are things I wanted to accomplish but never bothered to write it down as a reminder. I just stored it in my mind. Most of the resolutions were accomplished. And some never materialized, never came into reality.
This time, I wanted to be a lot stronger emotionally and spiritually. I want to love more even if my heart's been broken too many times. I want to give more love until it hurts so much. That's me. I believe that when this life of mine ends, it will not be an empty life but a meaningful one, lived to the fullest, the best and the right way I could.
I pray that I will be more forgiving. To myself for not measuring up to the standards, whatever the yardstick that's being used. To be more understanding for the things that happen which is not to my liking. To expect less and give more of myself, my time and my resources. To love unconditionally and to love more those who are difficult to love - my enemies. To be more decisive when it comes to accomplishing the things that I want to accomplish. To go for it when I know I can do it and deserve it.
I pray that I will save more and owe less and less. I'm working on my financials. I know I splurged on myself too much for 2011 so now, I made my resolve to fix my expenditures for 2012. I got the property that I wanted and the condo unit in Makati that I've been dreaming of. So now, it's time to work on my budget: to spend within my means and pay back my line of credit. With sheer determination and curbed spending, I believe I can do it. I've done it in the past and I know this time will be no difference.
I will stop looking for the one. This time, I will love myself and my family more. Nobody else will do that for me. I will take my time to smell the roses around me, enjoy the company of friends I have, develop myself professionally and emotionally, finish my studies and earn my license this year and earn that well-deserved promotion and pay raise! My friends tell me: Go Girl!!! So I will go for it with my whole heart, body and soul!
Since I will stop looking for THE ONE, let him find me this year, in the most unexpected place and time. That will be romantic, all the more heartfelt and a blessing in a big package, wrapped with beautiful ribbons and trimmings. Who knows, I could even hear the bells ringing in my ears!
Happy New Year to Me! Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment